The City of fair recruitment
To apply for a role with us, please review the process below and apply now.
The City of London is helping to promote the Census 2021 temporary job opportunities available across England and Wales. Information is available on the Office for National Statistics page https://www.censusjobs.co.uk/.
Our selection process
Once we’ve reviewed all applications for a particular role, we’ll get in contact with shortlisted candidates and offer an interview date.
If you’re shortlisted, you may also be asked to undertake tests designed to assess for the key requirements for the role.
You’ll then attend a panel interview. During this interview, you’ll be asked questions relating to your experiences and the key requirements of the role.
After this it’s also your opportunity to ask us questions too!
Pre-employment checks (Offer of Employment)
If you’re successful in your interview, we will:
- Ask for your references (from the referees you’ve provided on your application form)
- Check your right to live and work in the UK and your proof of ID
- Check any declarations you have made on your application form
- Ask you to complete a medical form to confirm your fitness for work
Some roles may also require us to:
- Carry out safeguarding checks (for instance, if you’re going to be working with vulnerable people or sensitive data)
- Carry out security clearance checks
Once these checks have been successfully completed, we’ll get in touch to agree your start date and confirm your offer of employment.